About Otzar HaHochma
Otzar HaHochma is the world’s largest digital library, containing more than 44,000 Judaic books, scanned page after page in their original format. The compilation and scanning of the Jewish books began in Jerusalem eight years ago by Ohr HaHochma Ltd publishing house. The efforts of a first-rate team of Jewish studies scholars and premier IT-Professionals turned Otzar HaHochma into a world-renowned brand. Otzar HaHochma continuously expands its collection and G’d willing 5,000 new titles are added annually.
Otzar HaHochma is the most comprehensive computerized library of its kind encompassing all realms of Judaism from ancient times to the modern period. The highlight of Otzar HaHochma is its sophisticated search engine, based on Optical Character Recognition (OCR) with a very high precision rate, which allows maximum accessibility to the content of the books simply by typing a word or sequence of words.
Otzar HaHochma adheres to the relevant publication rights. First and rare editions were included in accordance with applicable copyright laws and new works were added with the permission of relevant authors and publishers.
Otzar HaHochma’s serves a wide range of users – from individuals, talmidei chachamim and Judaic researchers to institutions, including yeshivot, Jewish seminars, kollelim, batei hora’ah, Jewish schools of all streams, libraries of theology and universities throughout the world. We are dedicated to providing outstanding service to our customers both in Israel and abroad.
Otzar HaHochma is a product different from anything you have seen so far, which extends your study room with tens of thousands of Jewish books, and enables you to find the requested information in a matter of seconds, which saves you time, effort and money. There are those who have described Otzar HaHochma as the biggest revolution since the printing press.
The digital library includes scanned books in their original format. When we saw a need in the market, we also included different editions of the same book, such as multiple editions of the Talmud (Soncino, Munich, Venice, Vilna, as well as new editions such as Vagshal and Oz VeHadar), first editions and more.
The variety of topics in Otzar HaHochma embraces all Jewish fields, including:
- Bible and its Commentaries.
- Tannaitic literature including Mishnah, Tosefta, Midrash Halakhah and Aggadah as well as their Commentaries.
- Talmudic literature from both Babylonian and Jerusalem Talmuds and their Commentaries, as well as Geonic works.
- Halakhah and Customs from the Rishonim and Acharonim, as well as Responsa Literature.
- Jewish Philosophy from medieval times to the modern period.
- Kabbalah and Hasidism including liturgical writings, sermons.
- Modern scholarship in Jewish history, Hebrew linguistics, Jewish psychology, family studies, information science, etc.
- Torah compilations, memorial volumes, prayer books, and much more.
Otzar HaHochma’s extraordinary collection could have become it’s worst deficiency. How do you access the books you need? How do you find the desired book, topic, or even word in a veritable ocean of information?
We developed focused search options to answer this dilemma, Within less than a few seconds the user receives whatever he was looking for. The search feature can be used in a variety of contexts:
- Search by title, author or year of publication.
- Text search by word, word combinations, etc.
- Advanced search options including full and omitted spelling, word spacing, etc.
- Search by a wide range of topics
Otzar HaHochma offers many features:
- Search(See above)
- Hyperlinks: Developed with state-of-the-art technology, Hyperlinks enables researchers to locate sources for quick and accurate cross-referencing. Click on a highlighted book name quoted in the text, and a popup window will appear with the source, already open to the right page!
- Scan-to-text conversion:Converts the scanned page images to text files using OCR technology.
- Effortlessly access commentaries on Shas, Shulchan Aruch, and Torah Portions:
- Instantly access all Shas commentaries in the Otzar HaHochma library by selecting Tractate, page (daf) and page-side (amud).
- Access all Shulchan Aruch commentaries in the Otzar HaHochma library by selecting Section and Chapter (siman).
- Access all Torah commentaries by selecting the name of the Torah portion.
- Outlines: Thousands of books in the Otzar HaHochma collection now have an outline pane to conveniently reference sections and subsections. Save time scrolling, just click on the outline entry to open the correct place!
- Download books to your PC. Create a temporary archive to work offline or without the hard disk.
- Add personal notes (annotations)links and keys to the text.
- Print or save book pages to a PDF file.
- Stored Searches in tab format.
- Always have your search results available!
- The results of any search you perform will be available in a convenient tab format for instant reference, whenever you want! Click on a result to browse that source.
- Stored searches.
Otzar HaHochma is available in several formats:
- External hard-drive with USB port.
- Online by downloading the Otzar HaHochma software.
- Online through the internet – with limited usage options.
The Full Online version includes the entire Otzar HaHochma collection of 42,000 books with limited search and usage options.
There are limited editions available.
For a week’s trial: Contact Otzar HaHochma +972-5-5866078 or Otzar@otzar.biz